Useful tips and notes on how to run daily stand ups and what to do with common problems. [martin fowler]
- PLOS ONE: The Oligopoly of Academic Publishers in the Digital EraThe possibility to increase profits in such an extreme fashion lies in the peculiarity of the economics of scholarly publishing. Unlike usual suppliers, authors provide their goods without financial compensation and consumers (i.e. readers) are isolated from the purchase. Because purchase and use are not directly linked, price fluctuations do not influence d […]
- All you need to know about rounded typefacesWhat is it about rounded terminals that’s so transformative of a basic non-rounded design? The tone lightens to one that’s friendly, fun and casual. Rounded fonts seem to set aside some of the complexity of a letter shape, leaving behind just a set of simple strokes.
- The ethics of modern web ad-blocking – Marco.org
- PLOS ONE: The Oligopoly of Academic Publishers in the Digital Era
- @frankieroberto https://t.co/wSM9pO70hP Michael Smethurst
- ... in which I go beyond whining about Impact Factor and H-Index, and propose a family of Less Wrong Metrics (LWMs) https://t.co/M3SHjlHvWM Mike Taylor
- Architecture (heretically these days) asks, not what features do the users need, but what capabilities will the features need? cyetain