Jake Archibald and Jonathan Hassell explain more about why the BBC has started to remove microformats from pages that used the DateTime pattern.
“Not so long ago, media consumption was as simple as switching a channel. Today, technology and content distribution have got so complex that a new infrastructure is needed to return simplicity to media consumption. Enter URIplay, a DNS for media.”
Nice hack using Matt’s XMPP PubSub server : “This means one can then simply subscribe with a feed reader to a given collection and/or a XMPP PubSub node. All of this happening on the fly starting from an empty AtomPub service document.”
Should you find you are travelling to Antartica you can now find your Dopplr friends…
- Building the dConstruct 2015 siteStart with the mark-up then add in the stuff...
- Want a Better Pitch? Watch This. — Firm Narrative — MediumNever start a pitch by talking about yourself, your team, your product, or your total addressable market. Instead, start by naming the thing that’s getting in the way of your customer’s happiness. Do that by painting an emotionally resonant picture of how the world currently sucks for your customer, who/what is to blame, and why.
- Frictionless product design — Remains of the DayMinimalist design is about reducing the surface area of an experience. Frictionless design is about reducing the energy required by an experience.
- Building the dConstruct 2015 site
- An astonishingly powerful new interactive from @nytimes. Open on your phone. http://t.co/pU9iB3IgMJ Sam Dolnick
- Now leading the search & interactive algorithm engineering team @netflix - exciting times ahead :) Yves Raimond
- The Financial Times' 404 page is pretty much a work of genius: https://t.co/MxdNuomhPk http://t.co/wbxxw9juAL Prad Prathivi