Jake Archibald and Jonathan Hassell explain more about why the BBC has started to remove microformats from pages that used the DateTime pattern.
“Not so long ago, media consumption was as simple as switching a channel. Today, technology and content distribution have got so complex that a new infrastructure is needed to return simplicity to media consumption. Enter URIplay, a DNS for media.”
Nice hack using Matt’s XMPP PubSub server : “This means one can then simply subscribe with a feed reader to a given collection and/or a XMPP PubSub node. All of this happening on the fly starting from an empty AtomPub service document.”
Should you find you are travelling to Antartica you can now find your Dopplr friends…
- Frictionless product design — Remains of the DayMinimalist design is about reducing the surface area of an experience. Frictionless design is about reducing the energy required by an experience.
- Designing in the dark: How we created the Guardian App for Apple Watch | Info | The Guardian
- On the readability of inverted color schemes - Joe Dolson Accessible Web Design
- Frictionless product design — Remains of the Day
- Financial Times rolls out new time-based advertising metrics by @mathewi http://t.co/1BcDcMb8QT #socialj Carrie Brown-Smith
- I like the way @Nowomics doesn't just use keywords but has concepts, like species names, genes, diseases, with synonyms #futurepub Anna Sharman
- @lloydshep @jeremytarling @r4isstatic @derivadow we are quite ridiculous:-) Michael Smethurst