Jake Archibald and Jonathan Hassell explain more about why the BBC has started to remove microformats from pages that used the DateTime pattern.
“Not so long ago, media consumption was as simple as switching a channel. Today, technology and content distribution have got so complex that a new infrastructure is needed to return simplicity to media consumption. Enter URIplay, a DNS for media.”
Nice hack using Matt’s XMPP PubSub server : “This means one can then simply subscribe with a feed reader to a given collection and/or a XMPP PubSub node. All of this happening on the fly starting from an empty AtomPub service document.”
Should you find you are travelling to Antartica you can now find your Dopplr friends…
- Left vs. Right (US) | Information Is Beautiful
- REST-ful URI design | 2PartsMagic BlogThis post is about URI naming. Designing URI names. Some tips and rules and conventions that you can follow when figuring out your application’s URIs. The focus is on URIs for ‘REST-ful’ applications. But many of the tips apply to any kind of website or application.
- Good Product Team Bad Product Team
- Cool map of the day: the UK divided up into areas with London-sized populations http://t.co/CfNw22y2rV @RencapMan http://t.co/7TGR8zpcNh Toby Nangle
- “Two of the most popular destinations for teens leaving (Facebook) are owned by (Facebook): WhatsApp and Instagram” http://t.co/geKHmKdSbg Dan Hill
- Dockey Wood, Ashridge https://t.co/WZ1vBOoKDM Jonathan Tweed