Often the tech lead shares the responsibility for a project without formal authority. Success will be based on his ability to use his talents to get results from the team and approval and support from the management and the business.
consider how greatly we – people in the digital age – are indebted to typographers. Almost all of our visual communication is delivered using the products of their craft
Curious about everything, experts at nothing. They balance and feed the specialists
“RDF enables data from different systems to be drawn together and expressed within the wrapper of a single RDF document in a way very different to the top-down and robustly specified syntaxes used elsewhere in the IT world.”
The semantic web gets a bad name for being complicated: I think the XML syntax is the main cause of this. (I always think of RDF data as bubbles joined up by lines: it’s much clearer). But the most important concepts are quite simple and quite familiar
The MusicBrainz community are adding links to Wikipedia artist pages. This is great news.
- Stick To Your Ribs: Ask the Chefs: “Are We a Service Industry Or a Product Industry?” | The Scholarly KitchenAre journals a product, created through the provision of free services in return for resale rights, or are journals a service which is paid for by selling the resulting product? Your answer likely depends on where you are in the authorship/readership chain at a given moment.
- Watching the audience move: A New York Times tool is helping direct traffic from story to story » Nieman Journalism Lab
- Which Are More Legible: Serif or Sans Serif Typefaces? | Alex PooleBack in 1998 when Times New Roman was still widely used on the web, my then boss made sure we always designed our web sites with Arial, as she hated the look of serif fonts on the web. Was it the case that sans serif fonts were more legible, or was it just a matter of taste?
- Stick To Your Ribs: Ask the Chefs: “Are We a Service Industry Or a Product Industry?” | The Scholarly Kitchen
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.