Often the tech lead shares the responsibility for a project without formal authority. Success will be based on his ability to use his talents to get results from the team and approval and support from the management and the business.
consider how greatly we – people in the digital age – are indebted to typographers. Almost all of our visual communication is delivered using the products of their craft
Curious about everything, experts at nothing. They balance and feed the specialists
“RDF enables data from different systems to be drawn together and expressed within the wrapper of a single RDF document in a way very different to the top-down and robustly specified syntaxes used elsewhere in the IT world.”
The semantic web gets a bad name for being complicated: I think the XML syntax is the main cause of this. (I always think of RDF data as bubbles joined up by lines: it’s much clearer). But the most important concepts are quite simple and quite familiar
The MusicBrainz community are adding links to Wikipedia artist pages. This is great news.
- Responsive News — How the BBC should practice Responsive Web DesignUX need to alter how they perceive responsive web design, they need to address the scenarios of hostile browsers, tiny screens, slow connection speeds and touch inputs by default. Responsive web design isn’t about mobile or desktop, rather its about adopting a more flexible approach to the web.
- How Optimizely (Almost) Got Me FiredFairy Dust, Short-Term Bias, and Regression to the Mean Read more: http://blog.sumall.com/journal/optimizely-got-me-fired.html#ixzz3EocvJLeu
- Designing a URL structure for BBC programmes [Smethurst]url
- Responsive News — How the BBC should practice Responsive Web Design
- Native responsive images have landed http://t.co/ZtqDp9LxVC bruce lawson
- Hey, UX designers: get your head around this wonderful use case: http://t.co/6m9g95aAq9 (via @ruskin147) Steve Bowbrick
- Check out what’s written on the mount point that attached the Space Shuttle to the top of its 747. I love engineers. http://t.co/aiGElCprP8 Zach Holman