Often the tech lead shares the responsibility for a project without formal authority. Success will be based on his ability to use his talents to get results from the team and approval and support from the management and the business.
consider how greatly we – people in the digital age – are indebted to typographers. Almost all of our visual communication is delivered using the products of their craft
Curious about everything, experts at nothing. They balance and feed the specialists
“RDF enables data from different systems to be drawn together and expressed within the wrapper of a single RDF document in a way very different to the top-down and robustly specified syntaxes used elsewhere in the IT world.”
The semantic web gets a bad name for being complicated: I think the XML syntax is the main cause of this. (I always think of RDF data as bubbles joined up by lines: it’s much clearer). But the most important concepts are quite simple and quite familiar
The MusicBrainz community are adding links to Wikipedia artist pages. This is great news.
- Fall of the Banner Ad: The Monster That Swallowed the Web - NYTimes.comTwenty years ago last month, a team of well-meaning designers, coders and magazine publishers inadvertently unleashed on an unsuspecting world one of the most misguided and destructive technologies of the Internet age: the web banner ad.
- Population map: Use our interactive map to figure out how many flyover states it takes to equal one New York City.
- Responsive News — How the BBC should practice Responsive Web DesignUX need to alter how they perceive responsive web design, they need to address the scenarios of hostile browsers, tiny screens, slow connection speeds and touch inputs by default. Responsive web design isn’t about mobile or desktop, rather its about adopting a more flexible approach to the web.
- Fall of the Banner Ad: The Monster That Swallowed the Web - NYTimes.com
- @MartinBelam snack time for @derivadow after some bitterness http://t.co/5bv2dW2NwU Jim Howard
- What it looks like to re-enter through the Earth's atmosphere. Yeah, I'm totally okay with not being an... http://t.co/J09HMFx9zs Michelle Thaller
- I love this - What colour is it? via @andrewn http://t.co/x7SBNc3MEd Libby Miller