Often the tech lead shares the responsibility for a project without formal authority. Success will be based on his ability to use his talents to get results from the team and approval and support from the management and the business.
consider how greatly we – people in the digital age – are indebted to typographers. Almost all of our visual communication is delivered using the products of their craft
Curious about everything, experts at nothing. They balance and feed the specialists
“RDF enables data from different systems to be drawn together and expressed within the wrapper of a single RDF document in a way very different to the top-down and robustly specified syntaxes used elsewhere in the IT world.”
The semantic web gets a bad name for being complicated: I think the XML syntax is the main cause of this. (I always think of RDF data as bubbles joined up by lines: it’s much clearer). But the most important concepts are quite simple and quite familiar
The MusicBrainz community are adding links to Wikipedia artist pages. This is great news.
- Etymology of "Foo"Approximately 212 RFCs so far, starting with RFC 269, contain the terms `foo', `bar', or `foobar' as metasyntactic variables without any proper explanation or definition. This document rectifies that deficiency.
- Design - innovateukShort video looking at how design can help develop innovative products.
- How Google Sold Its Engineers on Management - Harvard Business Reviewmanagement
- Etymology of "Foo"
- Never mix up features with benefits ever again... http://t.co/rA5sgnnFQc User Onboarding
- Clear and insightful blog about CC0, attribution & the balance between the social, technical & legal. By @dancohen: http://t.co/Kn9MsQHbg3 Liam Wyatt
- "I am the ghost of Christmas Future Perfect Subjunctive: I will show you what would have happened were you not to have changed your ways!" Ian Duhig