Often the tech lead shares the responsibility for a project without formal authority. Success will be based on his ability to use his talents to get results from the team and approval and support from the management and the business.
consider how greatly we – people in the digital age – are indebted to typographers. Almost all of our visual communication is delivered using the products of their craft
Curious about everything, experts at nothing. They balance and feed the specialists
“RDF enables data from different systems to be drawn together and expressed within the wrapper of a single RDF document in a way very different to the top-down and robustly specified syntaxes used elsewhere in the IT world.”
The semantic web gets a bad name for being complicated: I think the XML syntax is the main cause of this. (I always think of RDF data as bubbles joined up by lines: it’s much clearer). But the most important concepts are quite simple and quite familiar
The MusicBrainz community are adding links to Wikipedia artist pages. This is great news.
- Want a Better Pitch? Watch This. — Firm Narrative — MediumNever start a pitch by talking about yourself, your team, your product, or your total addressable market. Instead, start by naming the thing that’s getting in the way of your customer’s happiness. Do that by painting an emotionally resonant picture of how the world currently sucks for your customer, who/what is to blame, and why.
- Frictionless product design — Remains of the DayMinimalist design is about reducing the surface area of an experience. Frictionless design is about reducing the energy required by an experience.
- Designing in the dark: How we created the Guardian App for Apple Watch | Info | The Guardian
- Want a Better Pitch? Watch This. — Firm Narrative — Medium
- Follow Allen's tweet thread for what the NYT online design team have been doing: https://t.co/QGOLPVzXW0 Dan Hon
- 1/ I’m too lazy to blog about it but basically here’s the idea: Allen Tan
- My friend @jasonsantamaria wrote a book on web typography that’s better than anything you learned in school. http://t.co/fIup53HXkJ Mike Monteiro