Often the tech lead shares the responsibility for a project without formal authority. Success will be based on his ability to use his talents to get results from the team and approval and support from the management and the business.
consider how greatly we – people in the digital age – are indebted to typographers. Almost all of our visual communication is delivered using the products of their craft
Curious about everything, experts at nothing. They balance and feed the specialists
“RDF enables data from different systems to be drawn together and expressed within the wrapper of a single RDF document in a way very different to the top-down and robustly specified syntaxes used elsewhere in the IT world.”
The semantic web gets a bad name for being complicated: I think the XML syntax is the main cause of this. (I always think of RDF data as bubbles joined up by lines: it’s much clearer). But the most important concepts are quite simple and quite familiar
The MusicBrainz community are adding links to Wikipedia artist pages. This is great news.
- Frictionless product design — Remains of the DayMinimalist design is about reducing the surface area of an experience. Frictionless design is about reducing the energy required by an experience.
- Designing in the dark: How we created the Guardian App for Apple Watch | Info | The Guardian
- On the readability of inverted color schemes - Joe Dolson Accessible Web Design
- Frictionless product design — Remains of the Day
- Financial Times rolls out new time-based advertising metrics by @mathewi http://t.co/1BcDcMb8QT #socialj Carrie Brown-Smith
- I like the way @Nowomics doesn't just use keywords but has concepts, like species names, genes, diseases, with synonyms #futurepub Anna Sharman
- @lloydshep @jeremytarling @r4isstatic @derivadow we are quite ridiculous:-) Michael Smethurst