Often the tech lead shares the responsibility for a project without formal authority. Success will be based on his ability to use his talents to get results from the team and approval and support from the management and the business.
consider how greatly we – people in the digital age – are indebted to typographers. Almost all of our visual communication is delivered using the products of their craft
Curious about everything, experts at nothing. They balance and feed the specialists
“RDF enables data from different systems to be drawn together and expressed within the wrapper of a single RDF document in a way very different to the top-down and robustly specified syntaxes used elsewhere in the IT world.”
The semantic web gets a bad name for being complicated: I think the XML syntax is the main cause of this. (I always think of RDF data as bubbles joined up by lines: it’s much clearer). But the most important concepts are quite simple and quite familiar
The MusicBrainz community are adding links to Wikipedia artist pages. This is great news.
- PLOS ONE: The Oligopoly of Academic Publishers in the Digital EraThe possibility to increase profits in such an extreme fashion lies in the peculiarity of the economics of scholarly publishing. Unlike usual suppliers, authors provide their goods without financial compensation and consumers (i.e. readers) are isolated from the purchase. Because purchase and use are not directly linked, price fluctuations do not influence d […]
- All you need to know about rounded typefacesWhat is it about rounded terminals that’s so transformative of a basic non-rounded design? The tone lightens to one that’s friendly, fun and casual. Rounded fonts seem to set aside some of the complexity of a letter shape, leaving behind just a set of simple strokes.
- The ethics of modern web ad-blocking – Marco.org
- PLOS ONE: The Oligopoly of Academic Publishers in the Digital Era
- @frankieroberto https://t.co/wSM9pO70hP Michael Smethurst
- ... in which I go beyond whining about Impact Factor and H-Index, and propose a family of Less Wrong Metrics (LWMs) https://t.co/M3SHjlHvWM Mike Taylor
- Architecture (heretically these days) asks, not what features do the users need, but what capabilities will the features need? cyetain