Often the tech lead shares the responsibility for a project without formal authority. Success will be based on his ability to use his talents to get results from the team and approval and support from the management and the business.
consider how greatly we – people in the digital age – are indebted to typographers. Almost all of our visual communication is delivered using the products of their craft
Curious about everything, experts at nothing. They balance and feed the specialists
“RDF enables data from different systems to be drawn together and expressed within the wrapper of a single RDF document in a way very different to the top-down and robustly specified syntaxes used elsewhere in the IT world.”
The semantic web gets a bad name for being complicated: I think the XML syntax is the main cause of this. (I always think of RDF data as bubbles joined up by lines: it’s much clearer). But the most important concepts are quite simple and quite familiar
The MusicBrainz community are adding links to Wikipedia artist pages. This is great news.
- All you need to know about rounded typefacesWhat is it about rounded terminals that’s so transformative of a basic non-rounded design? The tone lightens to one that’s friendly, fun and casual. Rounded fonts seem to set aside some of the complexity of a letter shape, leaving behind just a set of simple strokes.
- The ethics of modern web ad-blocking – Marco.org
- Building the dConstruct 2015 siteStart with the mark-up then add in the stuff...
- All you need to know about rounded typefaces
- Designers present their hypotheses about what is a good design solution and users vote with their feet & wallets. https://t.co/4X6XRgmIfg Alan Cooper
- A first reaction to Google's AMP http://t.co/OTKwqmiWOg Kevin Marks
- Awesome article on how to optimise article headlines and images http://t.co/xGsHyJa9nW Matt Humphreys