Often the tech lead shares the responsibility for a project without formal authority. Success will be based on his ability to use his talents to get results from the team and approval and support from the management and the business.
consider how greatly we – people in the digital age – are indebted to typographers. Almost all of our visual communication is delivered using the products of their craft
Curious about everything, experts at nothing. They balance and feed the specialists
“RDF enables data from different systems to be drawn together and expressed within the wrapper of a single RDF document in a way very different to the top-down and robustly specified syntaxes used elsewhere in the IT world.”
The semantic web gets a bad name for being complicated: I think the XML syntax is the main cause of this. (I always think of RDF data as bubbles joined up by lines: it’s much clearer). But the most important concepts are quite simple and quite familiar
The MusicBrainz community are adding links to Wikipedia artist pages. This is great news.
- Population map: Use our interactive map to figure out how many flyover states it takes to equal one New York City.
- Responsive News — How the BBC should practice Responsive Web DesignUX need to alter how they perceive responsive web design, they need to address the scenarios of hostile browsers, tiny screens, slow connection speeds and touch inputs by default. Responsive web design isn’t about mobile or desktop, rather its about adopting a more flexible approach to the web.
- How Optimizely (Almost) Got Me FiredFairy Dust, Short-Term Bias, and Regression to the Mean Read more: http://blog.sumall.com/journal/optimizely-got-me-fired.html#ixzz3EocvJLeu
- There shouldn’t be anything on GOV.UK that doesn't meet a validated user need. This will help with that: https://t.co/DXPzexoGES Roo Reynolds
- You can fit all of the planets in our Solar System in between the Earth and the Moon -http://t.co/xTJPYkr81l http://t.co/DmHEBBywGt Fraser Cain
- Native responsive images have landed http://t.co/ZtqDp9LxVC bruce lawson